Wheel wells are a part of your vehicle that often get overlooked, but keeping them clean is important for the overall appearance of your car. Dirt, grime, and mud can build up in your wheel wells over time, making them look unsightly. In this article, we'll go over the steps you need to follow to clean your wheel wells and keep them looking their best.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you start cleaning your wheel wells, you need to gather your supplies. You'll need a bucket, a soft-bristled brush, a sponge, a wheel and tire cleaner like Brake Away an all-purpose wheel well cleaner like Mean Clean, and a tire shine product like Uber Shine. Make sure you choose a wheel well cleaner that's safe for your vehicle's paint.
Preparing Your Workspace
Before you start cleaning your wheel wells, you need to prepare your workspace. This will make the cleaning process much easier and more efficient. Here's what you need to do:
- Choose the right time: The best time to clean your wheel wells is when they're cool. If you've just driven your vehicle, wait for at least 30 minutes before cleaning your wheel wells.
- Park your vehicle in a shady spot: This will help prevent the cleaning solution from drying too quickly on your wheel wells.
Cleaning Your Wheel Wells
Cleaning your wheel wells is a straightforward process, but you need to be thorough to ensure that you get rid of all the dirt and grime. Here's what you need to do:
- Rinse your wheel wells with water.
- Mist Mean Clean onto the wheel well and using a brush agitate the surface.
- Rinse your wheel wells with water again.
- Dry your wheel wells with a clean, dry cloth.
- Apply Uber Shine Tire Dressing to your tires.
Here are some tips to help you keep your wheel wells looking their best:
- Wash your wheel wells regularly: Regular washing will help prevent dirt and grime from building up in your wheel wells.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals can damage your paint, so it's best to stick to mild, pH-neutral cleaners.
- Protect your wheel wells from the elements: You can protect your wheel wells from the elements by applying a protective coating. This will help prevent rust and corrosion and keep your wheel wells looking their best.
Cleaning your wheel wells is an important part of maintaining the overall appearance of your vehicle. By following these steps, you'll be able to keep your wheel wells looking like new and prevent dirt and grime from building up. Don't forget to make cleaning your wheel wells a regular part of your vehicle maintenance routine to keep them looking their best.